Thursday, April 16, 2009

Here's to being a great mom!

So, Landon loves his jumper/bouncer thing! And, because he thinks it is so fun it has made my life easier...
Well, the other day I put him in his bouncer and he was having a hay day playing with all the toys and pressing the music buttons and bouncing like crazy! So it seemed like the perfect time to get some cleaning done. I kept checkin on him occasionally and still he was as happy as can be so, I cleaned all the bedrooms, dusted, vacumed, then scrubbed all three bathrooms...still he was as happy as could be. I got laundry going and scrubbed the floors on my hands and knees. I think it was the floors where I pushed too far...it was very quiet when I decided I should go check on Landon. And there he was...

At first I thought he was just looking at the toys...but no, he wasn't moving!











And what makes me an even worse mom...
is I stopped to take all these pictures before picking him up!
...poor kid...

11 comments:

Celeste said...

Oh my goodness, that is hilarious! We have that same Baby Einstein jumper. We got it when Ty was a baby and I remember he just loved it too. I can't wait to use it again for Mya. Landon is so cute.

sarahtuckett said...

I am cracking up! I have pictures of Ryan sleeping everywhere... My favorite is when he cleared off his toy shelf and crawled in and zonked out. Kids are so funny...And thanks for being there at mutual all the time.. you are such a trooper... and such a great help.

The Laurels were so funny -- they were totally worried that the beehives were going to beat them.

Thanks for everything Colleen.

Anonymous said...

Babysitters come in all kinds of shapes and sizes! Enjoy while you can contain them. Hope we can see Landon before he gets too big!

Ashlyn Ellsworth said...

Im giving you the Mommy of the Year Award!! Ha Ha!! Love ya girlie!

Mandy said...

You are a real "blog Mommy" now! We always want to share these adorable/funny/guilty moments with each other! If it makes you feel better, I can't count the number of times Kimball fell asleep in his jumper...they wear themselves out!

Jared Heal said...

Hey I just found your blog. I was so sad we weren't able to see you guys when you were in town. Maybe next time. Your little boy is so cute.

Cassi said...

Now that is awesome! At least you know he loves his toy since he just wanted to keep playing with it till he couldn't keep his eyes open!

Dusty said...

now you need to post a few videos so we can see him in action :)

Tina said...

Awesome! No harm in a little peace and quiet, right? Plus, the forehead marks will fade...:O)

He's a cutie!

Brooke said...

I love that story! SO CUTE!

The Heaps said...

Too funny! He is such a cutie and getting so big!