Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Letter C













is for...

Lately, Dallas has been looking at a lot of "pistols" (he made it very clear that they are not "hand guns" they are "pistols"...I don't get the difference) So after doing all of his research and shopping around, he decided we should go to the shooting range to test out the final two guns in the running...in hopes that it would help him make up his mind.  So we went to Caswells! 
Although I have been hunting and grew up shooting with guns out in the mountains, this whole Shooting range thing made me nervous.  First of all, I have only ever shot rifles not pistols, and never in this small indoor room that they call a range.  Then to make matters more nerve racking, there are all these people there shooting only feet from you.  And sure there are rules and lanes set up so it is "safe" but not knowing who this stranger was next to me, and even worse was having no clue if they knew what they were doing...I imagined all kinds of accidents that could happen.  Now obviously none did and we ended up enjoying ourselves, but I think this "new adventure" was a good "one time only" experience for me!



I wanted to get pictures in the range with our silly glasses and massive ear protection, but with all their rules I didn't know if it was "allowed"...and I wont lie I was really worried I would mess someone up with the flash...so here our our amazing target results!
(And don't get the bullet holes mixed up with the scoring numbers all over the target...I wasn't that bad of a shot!)

3 comments:

Jeff said...

What kind of gun is he looking to get? I bought mine at Caswells just over a year ago. I was a member there and tried to go at least once a month.

Julie said...

Dallas - let me know what you're looking at. I've got some recommendations (who doesn't) and I go shooting regularly. Give me a call if you want to go.
Erik

Julie said...

left you a message