This birthday was based on some of Landon's latest loves...tractors, dirt, bugs, and chocolate!
And after our recent backyard adventure, it only seemed fitting. Plus the theme made for an easy party.
This was the first year we celebrated with Landon's little friends and no parents.
He was so excited, especially for his best friend Livie to come. Every minute he would ask, is now my party?
We played games...which we should have practiced, or at least taught Landon first. He being the only kid with out older siblings did not catch on quickly. The best was Duck, Duck, Goose...Landon just kept running around the circles, while all the kids yelled and laughed until they tackled him down. Regardless of how many rounds we played, he thought waiting to be tackled was part of the game.
Then we had our family celebration. We went to Olive Garden, but didn't get home until late.
So we put Mason to bed, got Landon in some pajamas and then opened presents.
I thought it would be a bit of a let down since it turned into and "after thought", but
it actually was perfect. Landon was able to take his time not just unwrapping the gifts, but opening and trying each thing out before going on to the next. He was in his own little heaven.
It is always crazy the things that end up being the big hit. We learned anything wrapped in "Cars" wrapping is the most exciting. And even better when there were actual Cars toys in it. And the silly McQueen slippers he refuses to take off, and his new BBQ. He plays in his own little world with all kinds of sound effects and a very precise grilling process.
I still can't believe he is three.


1 comment:
Oh my gosh I love this little guy so much!!! I seriously miss him! Wish I was there to celebrate with you guys! Happy birthday Landon!
Post a Comment