Sunday, December 16, 2012

Brothers

I always wanted to be a mom.  And I knew I for sure wanted to be a mom of girls,
but loving the family I grew up it, I also figured 2 boys then 2 girls would be a perfect set up.

Then I got these 2 boys, whom I adore...but the whole boys thing is a little foreign to me and even though I love it, it continually baffles me.  
Their love for noise and dirt.  
Their love of potty talk and being gross.  
Their need to run and jump on everything and their inability to sit still.
I work hard to keep their finger nails clean and their clothes tidy,
but no matter what I do, they have shins covered in bruises and dirt on their faces.

But these ragged little boys are my little protectors,
my rays of sunshine,
And in the end they are mine.

And what I love most right now... they are best of friends.

No comments: