Thursday, January 2, 2014

Grandparents

Grandparents are the best.  No matter what age you are.
My cute Grandma is no exception.  She is so much fun and always up for anything we do...I will never forget our trip to Hawaii when she went zip lining high up in the trees with us.  This lady is amazing.  And she's always so supportive of our family and comes for every occasion...so having her for Christmas again, was the best.  Just like when I was a kid. Plus, she got another chance to see Allette, while she is still little...always a bonus.
And my boys are lucky when it comes to grandparents too.  They are spoiled by all of their grandparents and great grandparents.  And on this trip, as every trip...they were given their usual special treatment.  Mason got into everything of Grandpas.  Grandpa's room and office are filled with "treasures." From the spare change, to the flashlights, glasses, pens, keys and tools...Mason is always entertained.  And this trip he was loving the ear muff things.  The best part, was how loud he would talk to all of us.  And Landon on the other hand, found Grandpa's wallet for the first time. He has never been more impressed. I don't think he had ever seen a hundred dollar bill before and he was so dancing with excitement.  He was planning on keeping them all.  It did seem to occur to him that, they weren't for him.  But that lucky boy has a nice Grandpa who let him keep one of the ten dollar bills...he was thrilled.  He was sure it was a hundred dollar bill.  And when we got home and told me all the things he was going to buy with his new hundred dollars, I totally burst his bubble when I explained it was ten dollars not one hundred.  Dallas and I got a pretty good laugh and after the initial shock, he was still pretty excited to have ten whole dollars to spend.

No comments: