I have this amazing husband who has been in and out of town for work lately, but he is so good about all of it. He helps make sure everything is done before he leaves from filling up my car with gas, paying the bills, getting all the groceries I will need while he is gone, spraying for bugs, to getting out my “spring and Easter” decorations from storage minutes before leaving to the airport...you name it he is great about it.
And there are even some wonderful things about having the house to myself. In the first few hours being home I found I could accomplish so much, a deep spring cleaning scrub, then moving on to some sewing projects that have been laying around, cleaning out and reorganizing, baking, and tons of “Personal Progress”. It all felt good and I was quite amazed with myself. Landon was also enjoying the time. With no where we needed to be we made forts, watched movies, played outside, and got out all kinds of toys, and enjoyed plenty of treats.
But all of it is short lived. It only took a couple of days and I quickly realize how much I rely on my husband. In fact, I think I rely on him more than your typical “husband or father”. Dallas works a four day week and is often home by 2 or 3pm. From the moment he comes home he makes a special effort to show interest in me and my day... while he anxiously waits for Landon to wake up from his nap. Then he plays all evening with Landon, changing all of the diapers, feeding him while we sit for dinner, running errands with us and spending time together. Dallas never complains or needs time to “relax”, he loves to grocery shop, and cook meals, bake bread, and even though he hates cleaning dishes he always helps after meals. When he is home in the mornings he gets up and takes care of Landon so I can sleep in, even if he has work or meetings that day. He is the kind of husband I can throw the Cleaning supplies to while he showers and he will scrub it or I say I'm doing a craft with the girls and he goes and preps all the supplies. He appreciates me working in the home and is happy with anything I accomplish or the lack there of.
And each day since he has been gone, Landon wakes up from his nap looking for his dad. He searches the house calling his name, pulls at the doors to check outside, and points to his pictures calling for him. At first I thought it was cute, but each day it has gotten more forlorn and even pitiful, bring him to tears...and I sit here thinking how I feel the same way.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
cute post colleen, love it.
oh and i owe you $5.
Ahh...Colleen, how sweet! Glad to know my cute nephew is such a good husband and father:) Not sure his dad was quite that perfect...hee hee. Sweet post!!
Totally know how you feel! Summer's are that way for us. Long work days with not much Daddy time. It really does make you realize how much you really love your hubby! (So I guess some good does come of it.)
That is so sweet! I am also lucky to have a husband who is sweet and very giving of his time!
Post a Comment