Monday, October 28, 2013

Landon is 5


Landon is 5.
It feels surreal to have a five year old. 
 I don't feel old enough and when I look at him, he is so big...it baffles me. 
 Life just keeps flying by faster and faster.

But I am one lucky mom.  I love this kid. 
 He has so much Dallas in him.  But there are also times I watch him and I see parts of myself.  It is just fun to watch. He has grown up so much lately. He is a huge help and loves to show me all that he can do.  He is so smart and disciplined.  He loves to have a good time, but yet he takes things very seriously. He's such a sensitive little guy and so honest.  He adores me and is constantly protecting me. I'm one lucky mom. But one of the things I love most about this kid, is his focus on what's most important. At such a young age he has such a love for his Father in Heaven and always wants to know more...and to choose the right. He makes connections to the eternal plan in even the littlest daily happenings. He is so much wiser than his years. And it seems so funny to think that I have some of my most serious conversations with this little five year old boy. It makes me wonder what his little future has in store. I love this little boy and I love being a mom.

No comments: