I think there is a lot of truth to the saying,
"You don't know what you've got until it is gone".
(I hope that is the correct wording, but you know what I mean)
Yet, I know how good my mom is and it is rough living so far away from her. Luckily she was able to be here when I had Landon and stayed for the first month. Having her here was such a help, and just so much fun. I have also been lucky to see her so much since because of the holidays.
This all helped make living far away easier, but it will now be awhile before I see her again. So, I have been keeping this blog and sending her tons of pictures...but most of all I call her constantly. I call for advice, for ideas, to let her hear Landon, or to tell her the funny things that happen, and just to talk.
(I hope that is the correct wording, but you know what I mean)
Yet, I know how good my mom is and it is rough living so far away from her. Luckily she was able to be here when I had Landon and stayed for the first month. Having her here was such a help, and just so much fun. I have also been lucky to see her so much since because of the holidays.
This all helped make living far away easier, but it will now be awhile before I see her again. So, I have been keeping this blog and sending her tons of pictures...but most of all I call her constantly. I call for advice, for ideas, to let her hear Landon, or to tell her the funny things that happen, and just to talk.
Well, for two weeks now she has been out of the country, so there is no communication at all. From the first day she was gone I realized how often I think of her and call her! I have had all kinds of questions I want her advice on and funny moments to share, but I have had to keep reminding myself she can't answer her phone...It is a horrible feeling!
But all of it has only made me realize even more how amazing she is and how lucky I am to have her as a mom. And I only hope I can be a mother to my children like she has been to hers.


5 comments:
Colleen,
I know your mom will be so happy to hear how you feel about her. All moms need to be told every once in a while. I've been lucky to have my daughters always tell me.
Colleen -- I am so envious of your relationship with your mom. Your part of the YW Lesson on Sunday was so sweet and I loved it. Actually, I thought the entire lesson was great! Thanks for all you do in YW.
Oh my goodness, this made me tear up a bit. She is an amazing mom :) I know because I'm an adoptive daughter! I miss you and Landon and Dal. Can't wait til you're home. When does she get back?
Seriously, aren't Moms just the best?! What would we do without them? It was great to talk to you yesterday. Can't wait for our little get together!
What a great tribute to your Mom! Those are the reasons I keep a blog. My Mom is super busy and doesn't answer her phone often, but she checks our blog every day...so I post random things that no one else even cares about, just for her! :)
Post a Comment