Saturday, November 27, 2010

Elf on a Shelf

I heard of this cute book, Elf On A Shelf.  It comes with a little elf and the story is told through him. He explains that he comes each holiday season to watch for all the good and bad things you do then each night he reports back to Santa.  It is really cute. 

But since Landon is a little young to understand the whole thing, and waiting for a whole month for Santa to come...isn't much of an insentive to be good.  Our elf brings a treat or gift each day to remind Landon to be good.  And Landon has loved it.

Every morning he wakes up and runs out to the Elf and says, "G'Morning Elf!" 
Then he goes to his box under the tree to see what surprise is waiting for him.  They vary from
candies to little toys.  And after he opens it up he runs back to the Elf yelling, " Thank oom, Elf!" over and over.

Through out the day I hear little:
"Hi Elf!" (each time he passes)
"Sorry Elf!" (when he gets in trouble)
"Thank oom, Elf" (as he plays/remembers his new toy)
Along with random chattering and singing to the Elf.
And "Nigh, Night Elf, love you, & Sweet Dreams" (religiously each night)

3 comments:

Cassi said...

we have that book too and I think it's going to work well this year for coop. He can remember more this year. I'm excited to put it up! I'm sure it will work well for mason too :-)

emily said...

What's funny is that I was thinking about Landon at work today and laughing about his cute little voice saying "Good Morning Elf!" haha

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever heard! I can't wait to see Landon soon (and hopefully I get to see Landon with his Elf when I'm in Phoenix!)