Tuesday, July 12, 2011

To My Blog's Biggest Fan


The greatest compliment I can receive is, "You are just like your mom."
And luckily for me, I get it all the time. I am sure it is referring more to our similar looks and mannerisms, but I still take it.
I really hope and work to be like her in every way.
She is the most amazing woman and mother I know. She is fun and friendly and thoughtful, amazingly well mannered and soft spoken.  The epitome of femininity and grace.
She doesn't take offense and does everything for others. There isn't a good quality I can think of that she doesn't have. She is humble to a fault, which is the only imperfection she has, and she is always wanting to be better. Yet, she is one of the most talented people I know.
She sacrifices everything for her family and her children.
She is the most amazing mother. 
She was the mother that drove us to every activity until late at night, never missing a show or game and then continued to work through the night so I could have a new leotard or dress the next day.  This happened more than once. And not just for her own kids but for all the neighbors as well.
She shed tears of pride through our performances and tears of heartache when we were sad.
Only now that I am a mother do I realize how much she sacrificed, but what amazes me is how nothing made her happier. I try to emulate her in my home and all that I do, but I am continually in awe of how she did it.
I rely on her constantly and look up to her for everything.
She truly is the perfect mother.
...and grandma.

Happy Birthday Mom!


4 comments:

Sarah said...

I used to run across the street and make cookies with her - I'm pretty sure that was before you were even born, Colleen. :) She is a terrific woman.

Jeff said...

aaweee, I love sister beautiful! I will definitely call tomorrow and wish her a late happy birthday!

Colleen said...

Sarah! How crazy, I didn't know you knew of my blog...I clicked on your name, but no profile came up. If you have a blog, let me know! And tell your family hi!

Angela said...

I LOVE this! Happy Belated Birthday to my "second mom"! :)