Saturday, December 21, 2013

Stitches

I am pretty sure I jinxed our little family.  It was right before Thanksgiving that I said how resilient kids seem to be...and how we have never been to the hospital.  But then we had Landon's broken leg at Thanksgiving...and now stitches.

Mason and Landon were running in the gym at church... when I asked them to stop, Landon wanted to finish ahead of Mason, so he gave him a nice push. Mason's head collided with the accordion partitions and the metal at the bottom, cut into his eyebrow. 
There was TONS of blood.  The shirt shows hardly any of it. We put towels and pressure on it and still his eyes were puddles of blood; you couldn't even see his eyes.  The amount of blood did make me  a little nervous, but the fact that dr. Cameron and our family doctor Brother Criddle were both there taking care of him and talking away about Medical School...  They clearly weren't concerned, so I figured it wasn't life or death.  We did end up rushing off to the hospital. And Mason was laying in my arms lethargically, with blood everywhere...we looked like we were bringing in a dying child.

The stitches were rough.  They first cleaned him up, which was a slow process. Then they tried stitching him up only using a topical anesthetic...which didn't go over well.  Then they realized they needed to give him a shot of pain killer, but at this point we were already pinning him down and he was screaming and choking on his tears.  But eventually it was all done...and they even let him keep the gown, because he was panicked about going home with out a shirt.

No comments: