"Mommy, nuggle and cuttle wif me."
"Two more minutes."
"Mommy, lay with Landon."
"Toes in, Mommy. Put your toes in the blankie, like Landon."
"Rock, me."
"Sing me two songs."
"Kiss mine cheeks mommy. Again."
"I love you, Mommy."
"I need another hug."
"nother one, too!"
"Sleep by Landon, two more minutes."
"Hold me."
"Hold me tighter."
"Landon's mommies little boy, hun?"
"Sing Sunshine."
"Landon's mommy's sunshine!"
"Peas mommy, peas stay little bit."
Tonight Dallas had a late shift, so the bedtime routine went a little different. Landon wasn't thrilled about the change and did not want to go to bed before Dallas got home. So when I tucked him in he tried every line he could think of. He did not want to be alone. Normally I worry about giving in too many times, because I know he will only add to it the following night. But because it was just me at home, I was savoring our time. And as I lay holding Landon, following one of his many requests, I was overwhelmed by how much I love him. How I can have such an undescribable love for this little boy.
As, I lay there silently thanking my Heavenly Father, Landon turns to me and says, "Mommy, I love you."
These are the moments that keep flying by. And I never have enough time to enjoy.
After I left and closed the door. I hear Landon talking away. Not his usual of singing "Hatty Birfday" to all of his stuffed animals, but instead he says...
"Landon's a good boy."
"Landon's singing that song. Yeah. I love mommy yes-er-y. I love daddy Yes-er-y, I Love Mason...Happy family"
"Landon going ni-night."
"Mommy's boy."And I couldn't help but feel so blessed.


6 comments:
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!! I found your blog :) So happy. Now I can keep up with you guys.
Landon is a doll!! You two are incredible parents. That is so easy to see. Hope Utah is treating you guys well.
That is so adorable!!!! I miss you guys! And especially Landon, he cracks me up!!!!
so cute :)
Oh, he's SO cute. I agree . . . you're VERY blessed!
Oh, and you're also blessed because you now live 20 minutes from me! You, Alyssa, and I need to have a Utah girls (aka. the homesick girls) girls day! Whadaya say?
So cute! Kimball always tears up when he thinks of Landon because he is "so far away now!"
You made me cry....It helped me remember... how blessed we are as mothers! LOVE is that bond between a mother and her child. And no matter where your children are...there will always be that special bond of LOVE<3 Thanks for your sweet story! But...I still miss my baby!
Post a Comment