Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Letter "G"

is for...
Greek food and the Glendale Chocolate Festival!

Back in the 7th grade I worked for the University of Washington assistant teaching a summer class on GREEK mythology and I will never forget the final day when we had our "Greek Celebration" which included lots of food, all of which I didn't like and I can never erase the memory of grape leaves wrapped around brown oily stuff... I basically swore off Greek food from then on. But to be honest I never have been that adventurous with "authentic" foreign foods.
Yet, in lue of the letter G and some good friends I decided I would give it another try. 

We went to My Big Fat Greek Restaurant in Glendale and I can honestly say I enjoyed it!  In fact, I would willingly go again. Then after our GREEK food, we went to the Glendale Chocolate Festival and enjoyed a wonderful night dedicated to my favorite treat, CHOCOLATE!
There was chocolate everything, from milk, to candies, chocolate pizzas, chocolate covered nuts, carmel and chocolate apples, deep fried chocolate treats, chocolate dipped: cheesecake, bananas, fruit, desserts, ect, ...and the list goes on. Complete with a trip through the chocolate factory.  
We all, most definately, enjoyed ourselves! 
With all of the chocolate stands there were other vendors there as well, and one with photography from around the world...so with our "G" adventures we went on two beautiful but very short trips...to Greece and the Grand Canyon. (and yes, we left Landon behind!)

3 comments:

sarahtuckett said...

and how about you add... a trip to "Glendale"

Anonymous said...

Love how you make your blogs fun, interesting and educational to view! Great job...I'll be anxious to see what the future brings:)

shannon said...

OOOh, I bet you went through the Cereta's Candy Factory. I worked there when I was in highschool. I ran the caramel wrapper machine. Which was a bad place to put me. It went like this.

One for the wrapper, one for me, one for the wrapper, one for me.

And this is how it went everyday and all day for about 5 nonconsecutive days. LOL. I worked there for 1 year and didn't gain a lb. I got all my sugar fix early on and couldn't eat another caramel for a year. But I still grab a few caramels when I'm at the Supersition Farmers Market. Except for this year.