Friday, February 5, 2010

My BOY

My, "ALL Boy"

When entering my house you would think I have a touch of control in my life, maybe even a grip...
Photobucket

but it only takes a few steps more to see that my home and life are completely controlled by... my boy.
(and no, as much as dallas wishes I were talking about him, he too is being controlled by this same boy)...

Yes, he looks innocent, sweet, charming, and squeezable...if I do say so myself,
Photobucket
but when you look around it is clearly evident that he has taken over my house, my life, and my sanity.

Photobucket
Its seen in the teeth marks in the toys, unrolled toilet paper, chewed up erasers, baby locks, shut doors (that he now can open), crusted food on the highchair, runny nose, stained clothes, toys in random places, split purse, cupboard of snacks, chucking balls over the baby-gate and down the stairs, goldfish in the car, wrestling wars, obsession with sports, crumbs in the car-seat, piles of rocks, the nursery rhymes stuck in my head, sticky fingers, constant throwing of toys, family room covered in toys, and so many other things my once single self swore I would never allow!

But here I am completely and utterly controlled! And somehow happy to be so.

5 comments:

Ashlyn Ellsworth said...

Nice couches and tables. They look great! :)

Anonymous said...

Still haven't got over to see your house. Love the decor! Boys will be boys....how could you ever be mad at that sweet little Landon????

stephanie said...

You are the epitome of the perfect house keeper and decorator, mom, and wife. I for one have seen you juggle the chaos of daily chores, meetings, and yes, take special care for that darling little Landon, that steals my heart every time I come to visit!!! I've been working on a little project to thank you and Dallas for opening your home to mom and me. I'm not as organized and structured as I you are. So I apologize for the belated thank you. Just know we appreciate and love you very much!

Tina said...

I love it! I always hear people say that they end up letting things go they never thought they would, but love it! Your little boy is one of the cutest kids ever! I'm sure you are just the best mom to him!

I also love your cute pages/pictures. How do you do that?

Celeste said...

Hehehe. This post made me smile because I can totally relate :)

I'm so behind on the blogging world and need to get caught up with your blog!

Landon is so dang cute and you are such a great mom!